If you’re into meditation, you are probably already aware that there are dozens of meditation practices, each of them having several other techniques. While some of them, such as mindfulness meditation and yoga are quite famous, others, such as Buddhist meditation or fire meditation, are not. One of the least famous meditation practice, yet one of the most beneficial for the human body, is chakra meditation.
What Actually is Chakra Meditation?
Chakra meditation focuses around the energies within our body. Our being is made out of thoughts, beliefs and emotions. Everything we experience is a mere representation of what we believe and of what we think it’s positive. Chakra meditation centers around the emotional, physical, mental, spiritual and sentimental energies within people, enabling them to control their inner beings and change their beliefs, habits and emotions.
This unique practice perfectly aligns the 7 chakras within the human body, making them to complement the universe and the power of the surrounding environment. Gurus discovered that when the chakras that represent a human being correlate with the power of the universe, very good things happen. Some of these “good things” include increased concentration, improved overall health and heightened creativity.
What are Some of the Benefits of Chakra Meditation?
Even though this type of meditation is by far the most difficult one, the benefits one can have after aligning the chakras are totally worth the time investment and effort. Simply put, not many people have managed to perform chakra meditation the right way. However, those who did managed to experience some astounding benefits.
At this point you might be wondering “How on earth will I be able to do it if many others didn’t?” Let me tell you a little secret. Those people who haven’t managed to perform chakra meditation correctly were the ones who didn’t believe in the power of chakra and weren’t aware of the existence of a higher power. In other words, in order to succeed and to reap the benefits of chakras meditation, all it takes is some willpower and a high degree of belief.
Meditation chakras is all about believing in yourself, in God, and trying to connect the dots of what He has made. Because you are such a wonderful creation, being fearfully and wonderfully made, you can now take advantage of this practice and live a happier, fuller and more rewarding life.
Here are 10 unique benefits you can experience as a result of practicing chakra meditation:
- Better perceptions of the surrounding environment, events and behaviors
- Increased levels of concentration and focus
- Improved retention and better memory
- Heightened creativity
- Increased resourcefulness due to better perception of both the interior and exterior
- Much better sleep: you can literally awake like a whole new man or woman after just 6 hours of sleep, while in the past you needed 9 or more
- Improved well-being
- Lower blood pressure
- Alleviated stress effects on the human body
- Enjoy a well-balanced and harmonious life: with chakra meditation, your whole body’s emotional, biological and spiritual aspects are balanced and become nourished.
Discover the Main 7 Chakras
Now that you are well-aware of the huge benefits of chakra meditation for your body, mind and soul, let’s dive deeper into the subject and help you to understand how each chakra works for your own good.
- The Root Chakra: this is the 1st chakra, being represented by the red color and being positioned at the base of the spine. Symbolized by a lotus flower with four petals, this chakra is related to survival, instinct and security, and it’s linked to our connection with the family or tribe.
- The Sacral Chakra: this is the 2nd chakra, being located just below the navel. This chakra resonates with the orange color. The Sacral Chakra is linked to innocence, creativity, spontaneity, vulnerability and with that inner child within us.
- The Navel Chakra: this third chakra is represented by the yellow color and it’s located just above the navel. This chakra is linked to the self-esteem, personal power, reaction to criticism and ego. The Navel Chakra is symbolized by a downward triangle with ten beautiful petals.
- The Hearth Chakra: this important chakra is located at the center of the chest. This green-colored chakra showcased by a circular flower with 12 unique petals is linked to love, positive feelings, compassion, trust, confidence, openness, acceptance and inspiration.
- The Throat Chakra: this is the 5th chakra, being located at the base of the throat and having the blue color. This silver crescent with 16 pale blue petals-type of chakra is linked to maturity and growth. This chakra is also responsible for trusting the Higher Power and having a connection to God, our creator. Many spiritual people tend to overemphasize The Throat Chakra while minimizing the importance of other chakras.
- The Brow Chakra: also known as the Third Eye, this is the 6th and most important chakra, because it is linked with inner vision, perspective, wisdom, divine understanding, intelligence and intuition. Its significance is huge. In Hinduism, the Brow Chakra refers to the invisible eye that we have between our eye brows, and it is often associated with deep insight.
- The Crown Chakra: this is the last chakra and it appears at the very top of your head. Its pure white and violet color links this chakra to the pureness and to the Source of Life, which is God. It also integrates with the devotion, meaning, awareness and consciousness.
Chakra Meditation Techniques – Basic Tips
There are several chakra meditation techniques you can try. However, for starters, it is recommended to do the following:
– Decide where you want to meditate: it is important to find an area that is free of distractions and silent enough.
– Start by sitting cross-legged and taking a few deep breaths.
– Continue by analyzing the problems in your body and by assessing the emotional issues that are bothering you.
– Once you have identified a problem, locate the chakra that is closer to the affected area. For instance, if your leg hurts, you should probably focus on the root chakra.
– Start opening the respective chakra: here is a quick guide that will teach you how to maximize your meditation efforts and open each type of chakra: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php.
– Place the stone or crystal on the chakra. To do this, you should lie on your back.
– Focus your breaths on the chakra point where you have placed the stone.
– Feel the positive energy as it runs through your body.
Practical Chakra Meditation Techniques
Now that you know how to start your chakra meditation session, let’s look at three specific chakra meditation techniques that you can use to capitalize on the positive effects of this type of meditation.
- Meditation via Visualization
Each chakra is associated to a particular color, animal, bird, deity and shape. There are many more specificities, but for the moment the ones listed above are enough. As you practice chakra, start by thinking of the aspects associated with the respective chakra. You can try to visualize a light beam that falls on your head and goes down to the point where your target chakra is located.
Probably the best visualization method is the one involving colors. Think of the color associated with your chakra and if possible think of its shape.
- Meditation via Mantras
Using mantras when practicing chakra meditation has been found by some to be extremely effective. More specifically, you can practice chakra meditation using Bij mantras. Each chakra is associated with a chanting sound. You can practically start humming this sound in order to activate the chakra.
Here are the basic sounds for each chakra:
– “lang” or “lam” for root chakra
– “rang” or “ram” for navel chakra
– “vang” or “vam” for sacral chakra
– “hang” or “ham” for throat chakra
– “yang” or “yam” for heart chakra
– “ong” or “om” for the brow chakra
– silence for the crown chakra
- Meditation via Kundalini Yoga Kriyas
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas can go hand in hand with chakra meditation. You can use various breathing exercises to open the necessary chakra, heal your body and reap other benefits of meditation.
This is considered the safest chakra meditation technique because it does not focus on opening a chakra, but it prepares your body to handle the flow of energy. Meditation via Kundalini Yoga Kriyas focuses on removing any type of blockage that might stop the energy from flowing through your body.
Due to this increased flow of energy, you will be able to enjoy an increased level of healing and to benefit of a greater balance.
Chakra meditation is quite a unique type of visualization meditation. Even though it seems extremely complicated and is more than often avoided by many meditation practitioners, this meditation technique can have astounding healing benefits for both the body and the mind. If you want to benefit of the most hidden faucets of meditation, chakra meditation is the right thing to do.